The ICT Section is headed by Charles Sayers as the Systems and Information Administrator.
The section is solely responsible for the procurement and maintenance of the council’s ICT hardware, networking, operating systems, systems operations, systems security and also administering the ICT workshop.
It is also responsible for user training, the creation and maintenance of application, system and data architectures.
Functions of the Department
- Planning and managing the transition during and after technological upgrades.
- Designing and maintaining an inventory of current system applications and business functions.
- User training, user requirements solicitation and customisation of their needs.
- Systems administration and security.
- Maintenance of data and organisational servers.
- Providing systems support for organisational application-specific software.
- Website development and content management