BEITBRIDGE RURAL DISTRICT COUNCIL
VACANCY: RE-ADVERTISING CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER POST
Beit Bridge Rural District Council is looking for a suitably qualified person who is a self-starter, with strong analytical and interpersonal skills to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer.
- To provide technical, legal and administrative advice to council and committees
- To supervise and co-ordinate the council departments and ensure that council resolutions are timeously implemented.
- To strategically manage council’s finances and ensure that external audits are always up-to-date
- To ensure that the council budget is in place and approved by the minister within the stipulated timeframe
- To encourage and coordinate investor initiatives to ensure economic growth of the district
- To provide dynamic leadership in an accountable, transparent and responsible manner
- To formulate and implement council socio-economic development strategies
- To ensure that council is viable and delivering services to its communities
- To promote regional and international relations and partnerships
The person must be a holder of a first degree in any of the followingdisciplines:-
- Social Sciences, Local Governance Studies, Public Administration, Political Science and Administration, Business Studies, Law or Full CIS.
- A Masters Degree will be an added advantage
- A mandatory requirement of at least four years post qualification experience in middle or senior management in any administrative position in Local Government.
- At least 35 years old and mature
- Must be a holder of a clean class 4 drivers’ license.
- A clean criminal record
- A clean record of service within the local government fraternity.
- Be a citizen of Zimbabwe.
In return, the Council offers an attractive package to be disclosed to short listed candidates. Only individuals with relevant qualifications and experience to apply. Applications which must be accompanied by three copies of detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications with at least three referees should reach the undersigned not later than 2nd May 2016 by either post, email or hand delivery
NB: THOSE APPLICANTS WHO PREVIOUSLY RESPONDED NEED NOT RE-APPLY, THEIR APPLICATIONS ARE STILL HELD AND WOULD BE CONSIDERED
The Acting Chief Executive Officer
Beit Bridge Rural District Council
P.O. Box 32